Friday, February 3, 2012

A list of things I want to do in 2012

Hello! I have made it safely, if not a little begrudgingly, back into the arms of Indiana. I have been thinking a lot of things I want to learn how to do. Nothing crazy like, scale a mountain or learn to Sanskrit, but things that I want to know and use to better my self and my life. THis list also includes things that I want to get in the habit of doing but already know how to do. Here we go! (*mario voice*)

1. Learn how to properly plant, grow, harvest and maintain a garden that includes veggies, fruits and herbs.

2. Learn how to make home made salsa, jams and preserves with the afore mentioned home grown delights.

3. Learn how to can the above things and try to eat off of them all winter, only buying things that were not grown locally out of extreme craving or random necessity.

4. I want to use the rest of my shampoo then switch to baking soda and apple cider vinegar for my main source of  haircare.

5. I want to continue making my own bath treats using olive oil and essential oils.

6. I really REALLY REALLY want to start getting up at a realistic hour every day and going to bed at a realistic hour every day.  I don't know why I STILL have a hard time with it but one of these days my internal alarm clock is going to have to be that of a grown up and not that of a 15 year old boy.

7. I want to clean my room more regularly. And by that I mostly mean maintain my rooms cleanliness better. Staying caught up with laundry and that kind of thing.

8. I want to bake more things.  Start baking fresh bread every other weekend and eat it all week long. yum.

9. I would like to lose at least 15-20 pounds.

10.  I would like to get a nice camera and be more intentional about taking photos.

11.  I would like to get a sewing machine and learn how to use it. Maybe take a class or something. It would be lovely to make or at least be able to mend clothes for the kiddies some day.

12.  Marry my best friend. :- )

13.  Get the manager job at LUSH GreenHills in Nashville or at least the MIT position there so I can further my career with the company I appreciate so much.

14. If LUSH doesn't work out, I would like to go to cosmetology school and learn how to cut and style hair and then work out of my home. Along with this goes starting my own Etsy shop where I make bath and beauty products on a very smell level indeed and sell them to whomever would like to have a lovely bath and lovely skin.

15.  Get through my supply of LUSH lotions and use coconut oil instead. Find out if purchasing fair trade organic cocoa butter is an affordable option. Begin to make my own body butters if it is.

Thats all I can really think of at the moment but I'm sure there will be more to come. Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your list, especially #12. Rocky said to tell you that you don't need to lose any weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE ALL OF IT!!! Do it girl. And then teach me your ways, Jedi master.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying this this week & I think you'd love it too!
    http://www.littleseedfarm.com/to-be-a-farmer-blog/homemade-body-wash-keep-scary-out-of-your-shower.html

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete