Monday, January 23, 2012

Four times is once too much for luck...how about 2 then?

Hey kids,

2 posts in one day? That's how you know blog and I are still in our honeymoon phase.  I bet if I put a penny in a jar every time I blog this year and start taking them out every time I blog next year I'll never find the bottom. We'll see.

I just wanted to share some of my evening with you...its a photo blog post!

For Christmas my not yet fiance decided to help me take the first step in making easy remedies for what ales you.  Working at LUSH I have unearthed a passion for essential oils and all natural living that has seeped into my every day life.  All natural tooth paste, chemical, preservative and waste free lotions, and deodorants that let a girl sweat just to name a few.  Tonight I decided to start my endeavor by creating a little bath cocktail using the essential oils Jon got me, olive oil as a base and the dried flower petals from the flowers Jon sent me the day he proposed *all swoon*. I have attached a photo of the sachet of flowers and also the flowers as they looked the night he popped the big question.  I am missing him terribly, that may be what brought on such a (pathetically) heart felt bath time concoction.  Enjoy!

1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
5 drops all natural tea tree essential oil
7 drops all natural jasmine essential oil
10 drops all natural grapefruit essential oil
1 tsp coarse sea salt

for a lovely touch - 1 sachet of whatever kinda flowers ya got (we're not formal here...)

The research

The oils !

The finished product!

Aren't they lovely?
<3

2 comments:

  1. aww, sounds like a lovely bath cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baaaahhh I love everything about this. I want some. Hehe. Good work, babe. :)

    ReplyDelete