Monday, January 23, 2012

Today

Today I am home sick.  This always sounds better than it actually is.  My cat (Folly) and I have had the pleasure of spending the day together and she always enjoys my company even when no one else does.  She is the most talkative cat I've ever know, and I have known some chatty felines in my day. She is never too bashful to let me know when she needs or wants something.  This usually happens before dawn when I am in the deepest of sleeps but I guess thats what good parenting is- no deep sleep.

I hope to find out more about parenting in the semi-near future, which is exhilarating and terrifying all at once.  I am betrothed to a lovely gentleman and we will be saying our vows to a married life in July.  This day can not come soon enough.

I'm not sure what lead me to start a blog today...probably a happy combination being medicated and boredom but I'm sure finer things have started as a result of those two states.  Mostly I've had a few people who are dear to me say that I'm a nice writer and perhaps I should flex that muscle a little more frequently.  The only writing I really do is sending emails for work and while I'm sure they are composed very well indeed, I don't really write for fun any more and haven't for several years now.  I have found, in the past, that I sleep a lot better when my day consists of at least one thirty minute writing session.  I think my head needs to occasionally drain all that information and hubbub thats floating around in there.  For all of you Harry Potter people out there, this blog will be a bit of a pensieve (sp?) for my day to day.  While I am sure you have far better things to do than sit around on the internet reading the blog of an average twenty something girl, I assure you there will be the (at least) occasional aesthetically pleasing photo or witty antidote to enjoy.  In the mean time, I look forward to sharing life with those who are far away, as most of my loved ones are...I am terrible at and not particularly fond of or good at lengthy phone calls.

Until next time, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment